Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday

I stayed at the hotel, sick, today, which gives me the opportunity to reflect on my experience so far...
I am humbled by the hope our mere presence here brings - we can only make a small dent in the poverty and illness here, but to the people in Kibera, our mere presence gives hope - that there are those who do care for them, and who love them as we are all called to love one another.  The scope of disease and poverty here is humbling.  I am acutely aware of many ways I can change the way I live, to appreciate the gifts in my life. The people here have much less than we do, in a worldly sense, but their sense of community is heartwarming, and I aspire to live by their example. Jesus' love is alive and well in Kibera....

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well today, Mike. Praying for a speedy recovery. Thank you for your insights into the people and situation in Kibera. Through God's grace, I pray that we, too, might also be humbled by your experience and allowed to see life, ours and theirs, through God's eyes. Thankyou, my brother. May we all grow closer to God and one another through Kibera.
    SDG,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete